Tuesday, March 27, 2012

5 Buzzworthy Female Rappers



I do not claim to know a lot about hip hop but I have enjoyed many hip hop artists over the years including NWA, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Digable Planets, Danger Mouse, MF Doom, Slick Rick, Boogie Down Productions, A Tribe Called Quest, Eric B & Rakim, and dozens more. What I lack in my knowledge of hip hop are some great up and coming female MCs. I have included some vids of under the radar artists that may or may not blow up on the charts of hip hop fame. What I have not included on this list are already established female artists like Missy Elliott, M.I.A., Queen Latifah, Nicki Minaj, and even Kreayshawn. I consider those girls already made. There's just something empowering about a female that can rap and the beats are often more experimental than their male counterparts. Also, the up and coming pack of female rappers are smashing the race barrier and include black, white, hispanic, and asian representation. 

Here's a list of 5 Buzzworthy Female Rappers in no particular order (All music is NSFW):

1) Azealia Banks



2) Iggy Azalea



3) Beach



4) K. Flay



5) Christina Ur Barbie


Special Bonus Female Rap Battle with Yumi Doll v Kc Lyn:

What do you think of the next wave of female rappers? Are they taking it to the next level? Is this just a gimmick? Is this sexy as f*ck? Would you like your girlfriend/wife to rap? Would you rap battle your MC girlfriend/wife in place of foreplay? Would listening to a bunch of female hip hop make you gay or straight? Was that last question a really stupid question? Which of these female rappers sound like they will be huge in the coming year? Did I leave out an up and coming female rapper that you know about? Let me know! 

- Mike C.

No comments:

Post a Comment