Monday, April 2, 2012

Sparkshooter Web Comic Tributes Mike Contreras



It was a very nice surprise to wake up and check my facebook and find that yours truly has a blog tribute posted on Sparkshooter this morning. Sparkshooter is a web comic that chronicles the fictional band Crazy Yeats and their attempt to win a battle of the bands at a club in Indianapolis. The web comic is written by Troy Brownfield and the artwork is illustrated by Sarah Vaughn. I have a feeling that my comic likeness may appear in a future update but I'm not sure which band I may be performing with in this comic universe. Even I'm losing track of who I play with these days. 


"Am I in your band?" - Mike Contreras

One of the first things I noticed when I opened the link to the blog tribute is an older Red Light Driver promo pic with me smoking a cigarette at the bar. I have quit smoking cigarettes for over two years now and it's been the best decision I've ever made. I'm rarely ever sick and I sing better. I also have saved thousands of dollars by not buying a pack of smokes every day. I've pretty much turned my addictive energies into music and writing and those two activities have kept me healthier, mentally and physically. 




Here is the link to the Sparkshooter blog tribute to yours truly:
http://www.sparkshooter.com/?p=122


Thanks to Troy Brownfield for the write up! You Rock!


- Mike C.

No comments:

Post a Comment