Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My First Indy Music Show Reviews for NUVO

Sarah Teeple of the Ladybirds.


Today marks the day that I get my local Indy music reviews published in alternative newsweekly, NUVO. As I came into work, I picked up the stack of newly printed NUVO's outside of Indy CD & Vinyl and placed them into their designated rack inside the store and grabbed a copy. When I skimmed straight to the music section, I noticed that my reviews are only available online. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a printed copy of the reviews, but now it's up to me to get people to read them and make them popular. 


I will try my best as a music scene writer not to tell people that "they sucked" or that "they rule!" I'm more into hyping and describing the show experience and allowing the readers to decide for themselves if they would be interested in catching a future show date of the bands being reviewed. 


Here are the links to the reviews:


Thursday, May 17th at The Melody Inn

Review: Dr. Goldfoot and The Bikini Machine, The Ladybirds, Dirty Kluger


Friday, May 18th at The Melody Inn

=============

If you have an upcoming show that you would like to get reviewed and published in NUVO, please send an email to catlikerec@gmail.com. Keep in mind that I will only cover original bands at this time. 

- Mike C.

No comments:

Post a Comment