Monday, July 11, 2011

SPOTLIGHT: The Rise of LIL STOOOPID



I receive a couple of emails a week regarding artists to review and late last night I get an email from an obvious gentleman and scholar that goes by the name of LIL STOOOPID. His email went something like this:


"YO YO YO YO YO!!! STR8 OUTTA INDIANAPOLIS! I GOTTA FLAVA THAT YOU CAN'T RESIST, KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN? ITS GOTTA BEAT AND RHYMES THAT SAY SOMETHIN, YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN? I GOTTA A NEW BEAT AND ITS FRESH AS FUCK, KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN? LIL STOOOPID IS THE DOPE. IM DIFFERENT THAN OTHER STOOOPIDS CAUSE I GOT 3 O'S IN MY NAME, KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN? CHECK MY SONG "LIL B THE BASED GOD" AND HOLLA AT ME WITH REVIEW, KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN? YOULL ATTEST, IM THE BEST AND YOULL LET ME HAVE YOUR GIRL, KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN? SWAG!"


Well, I don't know if I'd let this guy around inanimate objects, much less my girlfriend, but I saw that he had heart and gave his song, "Lil B The Based God" an honest listen. Lil Stooopid sounds like he stands up to any hip hop artist that's trying to "hustle" right now. I'm not an expert at hip hop, but I know if a song sounds good or not. He definitely idolizes Lil B apparently since he named the track after his hip hop hero. I have to admit that this song made me laugh out loud a few times. This rapper should have named himself LOL STOOOPID! 


Check out "Lil B The Based God" track right here:
LiL Stooopid - "Lil B The Based God" by way of Cat Like Records


What do you think of this underground hip hop from Indianapolis, Indiana? Do you think LIL STOOOPID has what it takes to make it in this cruel music world? Would you give your girl to LIL STOOOPID? Is this guy for real? Are his beats "dope" and "fresh"? Who should LIL STOOOPID collaborate with? Would you see this rapper live? Is this the future of hip hop? 


- Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment